1.Nitrite Poisoning: Fish gasp for breath, tan or brown gills, rapid gill movement known as "gilling."
2Ammonia Poisoning: Fish gasp for breath, red or purple gills, lethargic - may lay on the bottom, red streaks on body or fins.
3. Ichthyophthirius Multifilis: Small white spots resembling sand, fish scratches against objects.
4. Oödinium Pilularis: Also known as Velvet, this is actually caused by a parasite.
5. Swim Bladder Disorder: Fish struggles to maintain proper position, floats upside down, swims with tail higher than the head.
6. Egg Fungus: Serves as a safe and mild disinfectant for fish eggs.
7. Fish Stress: Prophylactic treatment of fish under stress, usually due to being moved